Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Family Fun Carnival

Our ward was invited to an Eagle Mountain North Stake carnival last Saturday. Destinee stayed the night with my parents for a sleepover Friday night and Steve was still working, so I took Peyton and Oakley and decided to go. I volunteered to make cupcakes for a game, so I made watermelon cupcakes, and on some of them, I made butterflies to go on top. The pictures make them look a little odd, but they looked really pretty, and on the inside I put mini chocolate chips for the watermelon seeds. At the carnival the kids got snow cones, popcorn, hotdogs, and homemade root beer. They were able to have their faces painted, watch a magic show, go fishing in the fish pond, get balloon animals, play the cake walk, ride the animal train, and much more. The kids had so much fun and I was glad that I was able to take them!!! Here are some pics taken... This month we have several birthdays, but I was wanting to make this recipe I found in the friend at the beginning of August. This cake was made famous by president Monson's mother, so I decided to make it in celebration of his 85th birthday. I took the cake to Steve's parents house, and the cake tasted amazing, and of course I have to make it fun colors! Destinee also started her first day of school as a third grader. I can't believe how time flies and the summer went by so so fast for us. I have to take pictures of course of her heading off to school! One of the pictures is of her and her friend Rachel who is in her class this year. Peyton will be starting preschool at the beginning of September and I am so excited for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment