Monday, June 20, 2011

Races, bruises, and sunday naps

I love everthing about summer. Who doesn't right? Well with summer, comes a few bumps and scrapes. The girls have now had their fair share to show mom and dad daily. Even little Oakley comes inside showing off all her little scrapes too. Oakley would be outside from dusk till dawn if I let her. She is an animal. Peyton loves the usual adventures like riding her bike, swimming, jumping off of things and of course falling down on the playground...


The picture truely does no justice to how it turned out.

Oakley loves to play in the water and even likes the pool when its empty with her friend Jessi. I loved how cute these girls were in the bright blue swimming pool...



Fathers Day was pretty mellow in our home but ended up being really nice. We, of course, want to spoil steve a little bit since he works so dang hard. So we decided instead of getting him a dozen roses, we would put together a candy bar bouquet. We had a fun little poem that went with every candy bar and it was a blast. He came home in the morning to a yummy breakfast, with of course, "I love dad" spelled with pancakes, who wouldn't love a little pancake love! We bought steve a new blu ray player and ended the day with a fabulous roast dinner. Everything turned out really nice. Church was so nice, many wonderful things said about fathers and the girls were really good too. It was funny, after we got home from church, I had to finish up dinner before steve went to work and as I was busy in the kitchen the rest of the house was quiet... to quiet. So as I go to check on the girls, peyton is asleep in the living room with a towel around her and Oakley is on the side of the chair playing barbies. Who knew that Oakley would sit and play barbies all by herself, but she was having a blast. Destinee was quietly reading to her little stuffed animal friends in her room. What a way to have a Sunday afternoon. They are such great kids.








I finished my half marathon just a little over a week ago and I was so happy to have completed it. I had so much fun running with Steve's mom and sister (although his mom took off and we didn't see much of her until the end of the race, she is a power house at the age of 49, GO MOM!!!) I have 2 pics from the company taking the pics and I will have a couple more to post asap.. The first picture is of Steve's sister Nikki and I running down the canyon, I bet I was singing as I am always pulling a funny face. The other picture is of me coming in the end and I was screaming and yelling cause I was so excited to finish!!





More fun in the sun to come as we have beach days, swimming, and a camping/boating trip just around the corner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment