Sunday, May 6, 2012

Turning 50 and a bridal shower

My awesome mother-in-law just turned 50 this last Friday. You would never know that she was 50 unless she told you. She is absolutely amazing. I don't know many women who at the age of 50 who have 13 kids ranging from 28-year-old to 4-years-old, wakeboard, ride motorcycles, jump on trampolines, run half marathons, and love life like her. So I teamed up with Steve's sister Nikki and we put together a little surprise birthday party for her. We went to a park up Provo Canyon and had some food, cake, and watched an awesome video that Nikki put together. We all did short little videos for her and found a bunch of pictures of mom. It was the cutest thing and what a way to celebrate her birthday. I only had a couple pics but here they are...
m
What a doll she is!!!! Then yesterday (Saturday) my sister-in-law, my mother, and I threw a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law, Tatiana. I was really excited to do the shower because this is my baby brother and the last in our family. So this was a lot of fun for me to do. The invitations said... "He popped the question, and she said yes." So that being our theme, everything had to do with "POP". Here is a look of the food and decorations we had...
The food was divine and we had a bright pink punch that was delicious and so colorful water too, that I forgot to take pictures of. Decor... some of the pictures were bad lighting
Party favors for everyone to take home. Some pictures of the party itself.
The happy couple after the shower was over. Who knows why the camera was blurry at the bottom.
The women hosting the shower. From left to right. My mother, sister-in-law Kira, ME, The bride tatiana, and her maid of honor megan.
And of course, Oakley has to be included. Loving the outfit? She changed at least 3 times during the shower. Kind of funny she is. The shower ended up being a blast, we had a great turnout, and now we are focusing on the wedding which is on June 1, and shortly after.. our week trip to Lake Powell. So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment