This year I was very very spoiled by my wonderful husband. He is so talented and has the capability to build cabinets. When we first moved into our house we knew that we wanted to build an entertainment center as soon as we were able. So I figured that it would be months before we would do something like that. When Steve got off work in the middle of December he told me that for Christmas he was going to build an entertainment center for our living room. I really was shocked that he would do that with such limited time. So we started purchasing tools and wood to make it. I ended up helping Steve a lot with cutting, sanding, glazing, etc. I had no idea that there were so many steps in making something like this. He got done and it is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't be happier with it. The process was quite the challenge. We decided that we wanted to build it in the wall, so we had to tear down the wall. Here are the before and after pics of what we did!!!

Here is the wall as we started tearing it down. We had already taken a layer of sheet rock off and the 2x4's that were holding it together. So this was the other side of the wall.

I think this is how Steve felt about half way through this project. What a funny guy.

The wall is gone! On the other side of the wall was our closet (which you can now see is a massive disaster. It was funny to see.

I took this picture standing in the closet. We had to have a little fun with this!

Here is the finished product. The pictures do no justice. This looks so beautiful.


Merry Christmas to me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment