Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Utah Valley Marathon
My mother-in-law (who is totally amazing) came to me and said so what races are we running this next year? Last year I got her and some of Steve's siblings into running. I talked her and Steve's sister Nikki into running a half marathon. It was a blast being able to run that with them. His mom ended up beating both of us by about 10 mins. Yes, I feel like a loser (haha). So in November she decided that we were going to run a marathon. I am thinking to myself, are you insane? I just finished a half, I don't think I could even think of doing a full marathon. Needless to say she pushed and I gave in!! So I will start my "official" training at the end of this month. She will turn 50-years-old the month before the race. How crazy. She acts and looks like she is in her 30's. I guess with 13 kids it will keep you young! So lets all keep our fingers crossed that I don't kill myself in the process. What are mom's for right? Go big or go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment