Tuesday, April 3, 2012

kids, cake, and birthday celebrations

I love having kids in my home. They are such a joy to me. I love the sounds of laughter coming from those sweet little princesses. The other day Destinee, and Peyton were flexing (I have no idea why), but they were being hilarious. So I decided I would take a picture. Of course, dad had to step in and show them what was really up!


Hilarious!

Around the same time, Destinee comes out of her room all done up with her makeup, but not only did she do hers, she also did her Barbies. Dez is very girlie and is loving to do her makeup.


Both of my parents have their birthday in the beginning of March and Steve and I were gone for both of them. I felt so bad that I hadn't done anything for them. So I invited my family over to our house for a birthday dinner and some cake. I recently did a little cake decorating class for a relief society activity and it was so much fun. They taught us how to do a layered cake, so I thought I would give it a try. I decided to try a few different designs, because I am also going to be making some cupcakes for my brothers wedding in June. Him and his fiance don't like cake, so they asked if we would do some cupcakes. I am going to build boxes for the cake and set it up in a cake-like design. I am really excited. So here are a few pictures of the cake I made. Not the best, but I thought not bad for a first time.







Next up..... EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment