Friday, October 14, 2011

The yard...

So when buying a house... look at the yard. The people we bought the house from lost the home, so they lost interest in mainting the outside of it. They never watered the lawn, pulled weeds, or mowed the lawn. So needless to say we have our work cut out for us. I have almost got the inside of the house together so I thought I would start on the outside. Now, we were not planning on doing much with the yard before winter but the flower beds were terrible and I figured if I could get the weeds pulled up then next spring it won't be too bad.


The flower bed before... (this is how the entire flower bed around the house looked before I started. It was horrible.


and after!!!


What a difference.


Looking good!!!!


Front view, bad pic though with the sun shining in the background. Making progress though.


My kitchen coming together.. but I can't wait until we can get our custom made kitchen in (by Steve of course).


The stairs going up and down, nothing fancy right now, but we will continue to dress up the walls etc...


The new sectional by the fireplace.


The other side of the living room. I need to figure out where to put things and I can't wait for Steve to build the entertainment center... our tv looks really sad sitting on a table currently (hehe)


Oh the fireplace... So cute!!
More to unfold as we move in more and decorate! Any visitors welcome.. HAHA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment